Tuesday: 1. What is federalism?
2. What is the difference between federal governments and state governments?
Thursday: 1. What are three similarities between Utah's government and the federal government?
2. What are three differences?
Monday: Define - 1. tariff 2. subsidy 3. embargo
Product USA France
Wheat 14 10
Cheese 12 10
4. Which country has the absolute advantage in each product?
5. Which country has the comparative advantage in each product?
Wednesday: What do the following stand for? 1. WTO 2. IMF 3. UN 4. IO
5. What are the two main purposes of IOs?
Friday: None - test
Tuesday: Quick guess - what are the following?
1. Opportunity Cost 2. Absolute Advantage 3. Comparative Advantage 4. Bilateral Trade Agreement
Thursday: Suppose that Austria and Belgium have the unit labor requirements for producing steel and booms shown in the table below -
1. Who has a comparative advantage in brooms?
2. Who has a comparative advantage in steel?
3. Who has an absolute advantage in steel?
4. According to the theory of comparative advantage, countries gain from specialization. Explain.
Monday: 1. What is foreign policy?
2. What are the three aspects of foreign policy?
3. Define: embassy, alliance, diplomat, domestic policy, ambassador
Wednesday: What were the following?
1. Monroe Doctrine 2. Dollar Diplomacy 3. Containment 4. Imperialism
5. What do they tell us about US foreign policy at the time?
Friday: Meet with your group to prepare your recommendations for the President.
Thursday: 1. What do you think foreign policy is?
2. Why do you think it might be important?
3. What do you know about the United States Foreign Policy?
Tuesday: No starter - test
Thursday: 1. What are you going to write your bill about?
2. Why are you choosing that topic?
Tuesday: 1. What is the Bill of Rights?
2. What are the following amendments about?
1st, 2nd, 5th, 7th
Thursday: What are the following amendments about? 3rd, 4th, 6th, 8th