Monday: 1. What was the pomerium in Rome?
2. What was Trajan famous for?
3. What language did the Romans speak?
4. T or F: Roman emperors were considered gods.
Wednesday: 1. Put the people in order of when they were in charge:
2. What was the order of Rome's political structures?
Friday: No starter - study for test
Monday: 1. Who were the Etruscans?
2. Summarize the story of Romulus & Remus.
3. How was the first Roman government organized?
Wednesday: 1. What were the three parts of a Roman name?
2. Where did the Romans get a lot of their architectural ideas from?
3. Who was the head of the Roman household?
Friday: No starter - read your family assignments for the simulation
Tuesday: No starter - review for test
Thursday: List three things you already know about ancient Rome.
Monday: 1. What do you know about Greek military in ancient times?
2. How was your break?
Wednesday: No starter - Olympics!
Friday: 1. What was the goal of classical Greek art?
2. Which famous philosopher taught by only asking questions?
3. What is a drachma?
4. What is Zeus' Roman name?
Tuesday: 1. What is the Socratic Method?
2. Who founded the Academy in Greece?
3. Plato was not just a philosopher. What else was he?
Thursday: List three things from the movie you recognized we learned about.
Monday: 1. What ere the eras of Greek art/sculpture?
2. What were the main characteristics of each?
3. What is a city-state?
Wednesday: 1. What are the three most interesting things you learned about Athens last class?
Friday: 1. What is the Socratic method?
2. Who founded the Academy?
3. Who argued that humans are political animals?
Tuesday: 1. What is The Odyssey about?
2. Why is The Odyssey important?
3. What do you think is the most interesting part of The Odyssey?
Thursday: 1. What was unique about Greek architecture?
2. Name and define three pieces of Greek architecture.
Tuesday: 1. What are the three eras of ancient Greece?
2. Who were the Minoans?
3. What is a Hellene?
Thursday: 1.What is the etymology of the word ‘democracy’?
2.What is the purpose of mythology?
3.What are some modern myths you can think of?