Wednesday: Name the main physical features of the MENA region. (see your map)
Friday: No starter - map test
Monday: Name the 'stans'
Wednesday: Name the North African countries
Friday: 1. What is desertification?
2. What is desalination?
3. What is a problem with having oil?
Tuesday: No starter
Thursday: Name the countries of the Middle East.
Monday: 1. How did Monopoly Round 1 illustrate capitalism?
2. Based on your experience in Round 2, what is socialism?
Wednesday: 1. How is communism supposed to work in theory?
2. What has happened in reality?
3. Why did Russia invade Crimea?
Friday: Name three problems currently facing Russia. Then explain why these are problems and a possible solution for each one.
Tuesday: Pick 2 Cold War events and explain what happened.
Thursday: 1. What is capitalism?
2. What is communism?
3. Who was Karl Marx?
Tuesday: 1. Who originally settled Russia?
2. Which group invaded Russia?
3. How long did they occupy it?
4. What did Ivan the Terrible accomplish?
Thursday: 1. Why did Napoleon invade Russia?
2. Why did the Russian Revolution occur?
3. What was the Warsaw Pact?
4. What were the causes of the Cold War?
Monday: 1. What are two problems Russia's geography poses?
2. What are two benefits of Russia's geography?
Wednesday: 1. What is the capital of Russia?
2. Which religion(s) are dominant in Russia?
3. What is one current issue facing Russia?
Friday: Choose one theme of geography and apply it to Russia.
Thursday: 1. Which continent is Russia on? Explain your answer?
2. What was the Soviet Union?
Monday: What is your action plan for your first proposal?
Wednesday: None - simulation
Friday: None - simulation